Lynn Tishman Scholarship
Students applying for this scholarship must:
- Be graduating from a Yonkers High School
- Demonstrate involvement in community service
- Show academic excellence
- Need financial assistance
- Is enrolled in an institution of higher learning, beginning classes in September, 2020 and leading to a diploma.
Your application is not complete without the following documents which you can upload below:
- 2 letters of recommendation:
- One from a teacher
- One from an organization to which you provided community service
- 2019 Parents’ Tax Return
- Awards received
- SAT or ACT scores
- Statement about unpaid community service above and beyond H.S. requirements, including faith-based and Key Club activities.
- 300 Word Essay: Describe a problem you have identified in your community and how you contributed toward its solution through a service project. Would you continue this project? If yes, what would you add or change? What are the most important lessons you learned? How has the overall experience prepared you for life?
Due to Covid-19, the due date has been extended to Friday, May 29, 2020